Tuesday, November 24, 2015

What I'm Grateful for in 2015

Theme song: God is Standing By

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it is the gratitude holiday.

Here is a list of what I'm grateful for now:

  • Though I spent quite a bit of time figuring out how to do, I'm grateful I can take public transportation from San Francisco to Monterey, California. True, it takes longer, but I get to read a book while someone else deals with traffic and I help reduce pollution.
  • My new roommate (and my old one, too!). I'm lucky to have such a fun, smart, and generous new roommate. She makes my home feel festive, bringing warm grace to everything she does.
  • I covered this a couple of weeks ago, but I am super appreciative of the San Francisco TalkLine, where I can count on the kindness of strangers and almost always get my perspective back.
  • My health. What would I do without it?
  • Jasmine Cabanaw, Sara Ostrowska, and the team at GoRanker. November has been my business' best month yet, and I surely couldn't have achieved my numbers without this group of wonderful, talented, and creative people.
  • Speaking of people without whom I couldn't do it, I love my clients. They are the heart of my business and, because of them, I am always learning and growing and improving how I work.
  • My friends. They are willing to listen to my troubles, lend a hand when needed, and they brighten my evenings and weekends.
  • Speaking of bright, my kids are the best (besides yours, of course)! Love those people to pieces :)
  • Good reads. Where would I be without all the great writers, living and dead, who soothe, entertain, educate, and inspire me everyday?
  • Sports. I wouldn't have thought of myself as a sports lover, but they bring my children infectious joy. Extra thanks to Josh Allain, who helped my younger son's soccer team win their championship this year. The boys were so happy it was a pleasure to participate.
  • San Francisco! She's the city I love, despite the high prices she charges.

Of course I'm also grateful for my family, BNI, and all of the millions of people, seen and unseen, on the internet and at the other end of apps, who make my world possible. As the year closes, I hold each and every one of you in my heart, hoping 2015 has been wonderful for you and that 2016 will be even better.

{photo credit: Wikipedia}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm leaving this blog open for all comments, but I prefer comments that aren't anonymous. Don't be shy! Tell us who you are. . .